Insulation and Air Sealing Rebates
The Department of Energy offers home insulation and air sealing rebates ranging between $250 and $7,500 or 75% off of the cost of the project to both residents of Maryland and Washington, D.C.. This includes any qualified insulation or air sealing upgrades to a any resident that participates in the Home Energy Star Program. By reducing the amount of air that leaks through a homes building envelope Maryland and Washington, D.C. residents can expect to save money this summer on their homes energy cost by taking advantage of this great offer.
Why Do We Need Insulation?
- Insulation is designed to trap warm air in your home during the cold winter months and reduce the amount of heat entering your home during the summer months.
- Insulation helps to maintain a comfortable living environment.
Why Do We Need Air Sealing?
Having your home properly air sealed is critical to your energy conservation efforts and greatly impacts your utility bills. Additionally, air leaks are also a major cause of discomfort, moisture problems, and even poor air quality.
Do I Qualify For An Insulation Rebate?
- Insulation rebates are available to Maryland and D.C. residents who apply through the Home Performance with Energy Star Program.
- You must have a valid BGE, Pepco, or SMECO customer account.
- Residents must have central air conditioning, an air source, a heat pump, or an electric heating system.
- Residents with natural gas, furnace, broiler, or natural gas that were installed and maintained by local certified Energy Star Partner.
- Gas Boilers are not eligible to receive rebates.
Home Insulation Projects Eligible For Rebates
- Attic Insulation- Ending R-value of R-49.
- Attic Insulation (Slope) R-value of R-30.
- Attic Gable Walls-Ending R-Value R-13.
- Knee walls- Revalue of R-13.
- Floor Insulation -Ending R Value- R-25.
- Foundation Wall Insulation – greater than R-11.
- Rim Joist- R-Value greater than R -25.
- Duct Sealing w/ Attic Air Sealing and Insulation.
What is the Energy Star Program?
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency volunteer program that helps businesses and home owners save money and protect the earths climate through energy efficiency.
Maryland & D.C. Energy Star Program Partners Offering Insulation Rebates
Baltimore Gas & Electric – Home Performance with Energy Star Rebates
Pepco -Home Performance with Energy Star Program
SMECO-Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate Program.
It’s worth noting that in some instances an energy-efficient product such as insulation might qualify for both a rebate and a tax credit. Now that’s a win-win for you, the environment, and your wallet! For more cost savings and energy efficient ideas contact one of our friendly estimators today by calling Cameron Home Insulation at (443) 290-5182 and get your free quote today.